Looking for an all-rounder for In-line Measurement & Process Control?
BST ProControl provides a unique portfolio for the quality control of flat web material ensuring 100 percent reliability.
Precision Based on Experience
BST ProControl is member of the BST eltromat Group and benefits from the synergies of a strong and experienced network. As the worldwide leading manufacturer of quality assurance systems for the web processing industries, the BST eltromat Group has an installed base of over 100,000 systems in more than 100 countries.
BST ProControl came about as a result of the merger between betacontrol GmbH, headquartered at Freudenberg, and PROTAGON Process Technologies GmbH of Rengsdorf. betacontrol provides state-of-the-art solutions for optimizing production and measuring at web material, including thickness and weight. Protagon are experts in measuring and control techniques for paper and coating processes.
BST ProControl: Maximum precision. Fast implementation. 100 percent reliability.
BST ProControl covers an outstanding range of solution for flat material analysis within the production process, including plastic and metal foils, non-woven substrates, technical cloths, foamed material, floor coverings and paper. BST ProControl is fully committed to enhancing the effectiveness of your production processes, for instance by:
- Avoiding Wast
- Saving resources and energy
- Increasing productivity and
- Minimizing maintenance work
Customized in-line measuring systems from one single source
For the precise production and control of flat web material, BST ProControl offers a broad service package, ranging from planning, feasibility studies and implementation through to comprehensive after sales service
BST ProControl products at a glance
- Optical wave-length absorption measurement
- Optical interference measurement
- Radiation absorption measurement
- Distance measurement using a Laser camera
- Thermal imaging IR camera for automation & process control
- Penetration measurement or radiation reflection measurement
Stand-alone measuring systems
Data analysis systems
BST ProControl Services Include
Quality control of flat web material
Technical solutions for measurement and control
Inline measurement within the production process for precise registration, non- contact measurement and continuous inspection for assessment of:
- Grammage / Thickness
- Absolute / Selective thickness of coatings
The requirements concerning quality control of materials are very diverse and depend on the respective end-product. The application of the sensors depends in general on the original material that has to be measured. A focus is always on increasing the profitability of the production process next to the quality management. Production errors can be remedied at an early stage due to our company’s overall systems that intervene immediately correctively in the case of set point deviation.
The application of the state-of-the-art technologies ensures therefore distinct advantages:
- Low consumption of raw materials
- Low waste rates
- Increased productivity
- Low maintenance effort
- Time saving due automation
- High degree of reliability
Coating and Converting
Irrespective of whether the processing of films, paper or coatings is required – measuring the basis weight and layer thickness contributes to the high quality of the end product. Temperature sensors, x-ray sensors and radiometric solutions are able to deliver precise results for a material‘s basis weight. Spectrometer sensors, infrared technologies and laser beam shadowing sensors also create outstanding opportunities for precisely measuring the layer thickness of coatings and the total thickness of a broad range of different materials.
- Neither Colour, transparency nor material composition will affect the measurements
- 100% control of the material surface
- Precision of 20 nm
- Thickness and application-thickness measurements from 2 µm
Calendaring Film and Sheet Extrusion Bi-axially Stretched Films
Stability and functionality often play a significant role in the processing of plastics possessing low basis weight. Temperature sensors, x-ray sensors and radiometric solutions are able to deliver precise results where a material‘s thickness or basis weight is concerned.
The thickness of a plastic material will also contribute to the end product‘s durability. Precise measurements using laser technologies, x-rays, infrared, ultrasonic, spectrometer sensors and radio-metric systems deliver a broad range of possibilities for a wide variety of requirements.
- 100% control of the material surface
- Patented technologies
- Thickness and layer-thickness measurements from 2 µm with a precision of 20 nm
Non-woven materials and technical textiles
Precision measurements of the basis weight in bulk stock are essential to the production of high-tech textiles and flat-sheet non-woven materials used in the hygiene, clothing, geotextile and general industries. Such measurements are often unsatisfactory when industrial filter media are produced as the captured material quantities are not representative or the measuring results have become distorted through interference.
Optimum results may, however, be achieved with the help of x-rays and radiometric sensors, which allow the basis weight to be reliably and continuously determined using non-contact methods. This helps to reduce material defects to a minimum.
- Continuous, precise and non-contact basis weight measurement during on-going production
- Measuring range from 0 to 65 kg/m2
- Measuring systems that do not require permits
- Precision up to 0.1%
Applications: Coating & Converting, Plastic Films, Rubber, Laminations, Paper, Non-woven Characteristics: Thickness measurement done by non-contact principle. Not influenced by colour / transparency. Not influenced by material composition.
Applications: Coating & Converting, Plastic Films, Paper, Laminations, Non-woven Characteristics: Material / Coating / Adhesive to be measured has to be transparent / translucent.
Applications: Coating & Converting, Plastic Films, Rubber, Laminations, Paper, Non-woven Characteristics: Grammage / Thickness measurement done by non-contact principle. Not influenced by colour / transparency. Not influenced by material composition..
Scanners: For measuring tasks where the product panels are to be measured and displayed as a profile across the complete width, two-rail scanners (so-called O-frames) are used. In connection with the respective controls, they can perform even complex movement and measuring program. There are several versions, with their essential difference being in the possible movement widths. If the measured object is to be measured only from one side, or if an O-frame cannot be used for spatial reasons, one-rail versions may also be used.
- Parking position for the sensor outside of the measured material
- High-quality corrosion protection by powder coating
- Vertical and horizontal fastening possibilities
- Variable scanning speed due to controlled drive
- Use of coated toothed belts for low-friction and low-noise drive
- Low-maintenance build
- Easy to service because components can be replaced easily
- Recirculating ball bearing guide for highly precise sensor guidance
- Guidance accuracy
- in x-direction (traversing direction): 0.4 mm
- in z-direction (measuring gap size): 0.05 mm
BST ProControl-systems play an important part in
- Lower consumption of raw materials
- Decreasing reject rates
- Increasing productivity
- Minimizing maintenance times
- Saving working time
- Free telephone support
- Individual service identification number
- Remote control of the system
- Guaranteed support by means of service
- Automatic adaptation of the service rate each year
- Duration of the contract one (1) year